PipelineDeals is a fast-growing CRM technology company “built by salespeople for salespeople.” Founded in 2006, we have grown to 3,000+ global customers across 100+ countries. Our SaaS platform is optimized for small-to-medium businesses (SMB) frustrated with overpriced/over-engineered CRM solutions like Salesforce. We give SMBs a competitive advantage when they go up against more established competitors or enter a market for the first time.
PipelineDeals’ users win because our solution delivers easy-to-use sales automation tools, intuitive workflows and great customer service. When users find us, they like us — 98% of our accounts renew every year. Our future roadmap includes exciting innovations in AI/machine learning, automated email and voice/mobile enhancements. We also plan to optimize the PipelineDeals user experience to ease the burden of entering and maintaining CRM data. Most importantly, in order to stay true to our simplicity roots and meet the needs of our customers, UX will have a central role in our future product strategy.
This unique vision and market opportunity attracted top angel investors in 2014, including Mike Galgon and Geoff Entress. PipelineDeals is profitable and has had 20+% YOY growth the last few years — there’s an obvious need for simple and easy-to-use CRM, so the timing is great for you to join our growth story!
Our culture/core values:
- We are customer Obsessed.
- We are committed to the highest standards, we think big, and never settle.
- We have a bias for action.
- We are well-reasoned problem solvers.
- We are positive team players.
- Kindness and personal responsibility are in our DNA.
Product Marketing Manager
In this role you will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and work closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Teams. You will be communicating product changes to our customers, developing product strategies, and keeping a balance between the vision for the product and the needs of the customers.
We’re searching for a strategic thinker, who is analytical yet creative. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities | What you’ll do:
- Lead go-to-market frameworks for new products and SKUs, including feature sets and pricing variables, and ensure timely and successful launches.
- Be the expert of our customers. Through market intelligence you’ll understand how they buy and their buying criteria as well as analyze the market and competitive situations.
- Interact with our customer base and prospective customers, discover what will best help them grow their customer relationships and enable us to deliver it to them. This includes a thorough understanding of customer product awareness, adoption, and engagement.
- Optimize the positioning, messaging and marketing strategies for specific segments, verticals and target personas.
- Create and execute end-to-end marketing campaigns to position our products as solutions for our customers and partners.
- Enable the Sales and Customer Success teams with solution-based training content, assets and client testimonials to support the buyer and sales lifecycle.
- Develop pricing plans that optimize features sets and best deliver value to our customers.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering team to provide input on feature and product development.
- Assess and communicate how product options impact acquisition and retention.
- Analyze and report marketing and product KPIs to track impact, optimize, and improve our positioning.
- Strategize and execute plans to increase our solutions’ social and digital presence and visibility.
- Be responsible for creative development and/or publication for product related marketing material including writing blog posts, thought leadership pieces, case studies, conducting webinars to communicate with customers and partners.
- Support sales efforts by developing collateral for all stages of the sales cycle, including slide decks, whitepapers, videos etc.
- 3-4 years experience in a product marketing role, preferably at a SaaS company.
- Familiarity with the process of product management and how product marketing fits into it.
- Skilled in defining, managing and evolving a differentiated positioning and messaging for SaaS products.
- Ability to work with customers to understand current and emerging needs and translate into product requirements.
- Experience with market sizing, segmentation, and competitive intelligence.
- Expertise in launching new products and releases working with executive management, Sales, Customer Care and Customer Success teams, providing training and support functions.
- Be passionate about both marketing and product disciplines, and preferably have experience in both.
- Ability to effectively represent products, markets and strategies to customers, partners, analysts and media through public speaking, social media, written and other communications.
- Experience in cross-functional initiatives involving sales, product management, and customer success.
- Experience working directly with customers to validate features and understand needs.
- Exceptional data-driven business skills and the ability to use data to act strategically.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of marketing analytics, automation, and content creation tools. You are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- Willingness and flexibility to jump in and assist others in the company as needed.
Plus if you have:
- B2B software experience and you are familiar with the dynamics of the customer journey at B2B SaaS companies.
- Knowledge of CRM, Voice of the Customer, and experience collaborating with sales teams.
- A customer-centric mindset and the drive to see results along with a great attitude to get things done.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required. Relevant fields of study include Business Administration, Computer Science, Marketing.
Statement of Diversity:
PipelineDeals is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every Pipeliner has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. The Company will not engage in or tolerate any discrimination in the workplace prohibited by local, state or federal law. Specifically, no Pipeliner will be treated differently or less favorably on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.